Things are coming along quickly with the renovation of our free learning space! It is so exciting to see it come together. Sometimes I can’t help but stand there and envision the space as a noisy, bustling space full of children playing, laughing, and learning about their interests, at their own pace.
Right now, we are urgently looking for the following donations of labour:
- a paint sprayer (and it’s operator) to come and paint the ceiling!
- a cleanup crew to come and tidy up after the drywallers
In addition, please check out our newly updated wishlist for an idea of what we are looking for before we can open our doors. If you have a lead on any of these items- or have an idea for something else not on the list- please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks so much to all of our supporters!
We’ve been digitally quiet, but wheels have been turning and I am happy to announce that it looks like we have a facility to use for our free learning centre! We are so excited to finally have a place to call home and to be able to start bringing this vision to life.
The good news: We have lots of open space to set up our indoor areas however we’d like. Our centre will be located in a quiet neighbourhood, easily accessible and across from the amazing Colliery Dam, which means lots of adventures and playing in the forest!
The not-so-good news? It currently looks like this:
We are starting from scratch!
So, what does this mean? It means we need to call on our awesome community to help us get this space usable and ready to host some amazing, authentic learning!
This is what we are looking for:
- Donations of time from those who have experience hanging, taping, and mudding drywall
- Volunteers who can help paint, clean, and organize
- Donations of supplies (see our wish list for what we are looking for) to get our centre furnished and well-stocked for our learners
- Financial donations to help in the last few stages of opening our doors!
If you, or someone you know, is able to help us out in any way, please consider volunteering for this great cause. You can contact us at email@example.com.
Also in the works is setting up a regular get-together of our freelearning community for support, connection, and friendship. You will hear more about this once we have our space all set up and ready to use!